Parent Support Program Counselor
PARENT SUPPORT PROGRAM COUNSELOR
Provides intake interview to Latino Parents to determine course of action. Provides individual and group counseling as needed to parents enrolled in the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
1. Recruit parents for participation in groups through outreach to schools, community organizations and referrals from court.
2. Provide intake interviews and therapeutic interventions.
3. Provide individual counseling to parents enrolled in the program.
4. Implement appropriate curriculum to Parent Support Groups.
5. Facilitate psycho-educational groups and on-going groups.
6. Maintain clients’ attendance records in files and narratives for services.
7. Communicate with caseworkers to discuss service plans, especially in court cases.
8. Write letters and reports on clients’ progress.
9. Make appropriate referrals as needed.
10. Complete monthly written reports to funders as required.
11. Participate in advocacy efforts on behalf of Program or agencies..
12. Attend trainings, staff meetings and supervisory meetings as schedules.
13. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
* B.A. in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
* Bilingual/ Bicultural ( Spanish)
* Computer proficiency
* Experience leading groups desirable
Send resume and cover letter to Shatna Osorno at firstname.lastname@example.org.