Domestic Violence Community Educator
TITLE: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COMMUNITY EDUCATOR
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts 42 Hour training. Facilitate workshops, professional trainings and other outreach efforts. Provide crisis intervention to in-person & telephone clients at the agency.
REPORTS TO: DV Training Coordinator
1. Provides workshops and/or professional trainings to diverse communities such as churches, students, parents, and professional groups in Spanish or English in Latino communities or those serving Latinos.
2. Initiate and organize community workshops on different topics in relation to domestic violence in Latino communities
3. Represents Mujeres in health/community fairs and media outreach efforts.
4. Promote volunteer opportunities through community outreach efforts.
5. Conducts 42-hour DV trainings ensuring coverage of all required topics by the Illinois Certified Domestic Violence Professionals.
6. Create and implement a calendar of workshops providing CEU’s to maintain ICDVP
7. Disseminate and promote training/ workshops to outside providers
8. Provides back-up hotline coverage during agency after-hours.
9. Collaborates with other MLEA Programs on community outreach efforts.
10. Participates in efforts creating events to promote awareness of DV, including DV awareness month.
11. Participate in advocacy efforts related to the DV program/agency.
12. Provides crisis intervention to in-person and telephone clients at the agency.
13. Completes documentation of service provided in a timely manner.
14. Participate in agency meetings as required.
15. Other tasks as assigned by the DV Training Coordinator.
* Bachelor’s Degree in social services field preferred.
* 40-Hour ICADV trained preferred.
* Bilingual-Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required.
Submit resume and cover letter to DVjobs@mujereslat.org
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.