Domestic Violence Child and Adult Therapist
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHILD/ADULT THERAPIST (Pilsen HQ)
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts individual & group therapy with adult survivors of domestic violence and their children. Provide case management and crisis intervention.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Therapy & Counseling Supervisor
1. Engage adult survivors and children in therapy treatment under the Domestic Violence Program.
2. Conducts assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for survivors and their children enrolled in therapy services under Domestic Violence Program.
3. Conduct adult domestic violence educational groups and 10 week therapy groups with Mujeres’ developed child therapy curriculum for children exposed to domestic violence.
4. Provide individual and family therapy to children enrolled in therapy under Domestic Violence Program.
5. Provide case management and crisis intervention with families dealing with domestic violence.
6. Conduct parent sessions to evaluate treatment effectiveness.
7. Implement pre/post test evaluations
8. Create linkages with external resources for survivors and children with additional needs.
9. Develop monthly reports on services provided to child/adult clients.
10. Complete and maintains accurate documentation of services provided to child/adult clients.
11. Participate in advocacy efforts related to DV and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on adults/children.
12. Keep abreast of professional ethical standards
13. Participate in agency meeting as required.
14. Other tasks as assigned by program director.
* Master’s degree in Social Services field or equivalent & LCSW or LCPC
* Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
* 40 hour ICADV training required
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.