President & CEO
BASIC FUNCTION: Reporting directly to the Board of Directors of Mujeres Latinas en Acción, the President and CEO is responsible for the overall management of the organization, including fiscal management, advocacy, public relations, board relations, fundraising/development, programs, property and staff management. Working closely with the Board, the President and CEO is expected to play a key role in establishing priorities for Mujeres and developing both a short and long-term advocacy agenda in pursuit of the organization’s vision and mission.
REPORTS TO: Board Chair
1- Working closely with the Board of Directors and its committees, develops and implements the operating plans that will carry out the organization’s strategic plan leading Mujeres to higher levels of effectiveness in providing services to Latinas and their families.
2- Manages effective ongoing and special fundraising campaigns. Develops fundraising initiatives that are supportive, appropriate and reasonable for prospects of Mujeres. Plans and implements effective and innovative methods of increasing revenue and procuring funds from foundations, corporations, individual donors and government sources.
3- Establishes a strong working relationship and maintains ongoing communications with Board members and committees regarding policies and programs. Develops new initiatives, and assists in the recruitment of board and committee members and directs the orientation of its members.
4- Serves as the spokesperson for Mujeres in a manner that demonstrates the mission and function of the organization in the community. Develops communication needed to interpret program participants’ concerns. Maintains a high level of visibility and key partnerships with the funding community.
5- Effectively supervises senior staff members and all direct reports and provides executive leadership for all staff.
6- Ensures effectiveness through review of the organizational structure (volunteer, staff and affiliated) on an ongoing basis and inspires achievement at the highest levels among staff and volunteers.
7- Assesses and plans for all long term and short term facility requirements for the organization including oversight of new building construction.
8- Maintains a high level of volunteer and staff morale and promotes the personal and professional development of volunteers and staff.
9- Assists Development Department with necessary information for fund development.
An accomplished leader whose understanding of and passion for the unique mission of Mujeres Latinas en Acción are of primary interest. This person must be ready to join with the Board to lead the organization in tackling aggressive goals, in fundraising, program development, community awareness and constituency building. A background in multi-task achievements and bottom-line accountability is necessary. Knowledge of non-profit accounting is a plus. A passion and sense of urgency for the vision and mission of Mujeres is imperative.
A visionary leader with exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Board, staff, other advocates and policy leaders, governmental officials, donors and other important partners. Experience working with boards, committees, key leaders and major donors will be extremely necessary. Experience and/or familiarity with the socioeconomic issues affecting Latinas and their families is a plus.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Development and Communications Intern
Mujeres Latinas en Acción is looking for a hard-working, detailed, organized, and passionate Development and Communications Intern who wants to make a difference. The candidate must be media-savvy, have strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral - and a communications background.
As the Development and Communications Intern, you will play an active role in the development and execution of our Purple Purse Challenge and Annual Report, gaining hands-on fundraising, communication, and outreach experience in a grassroots nonprofit setting. The position is unpaid, but college credit can be worked out.
· Project management support of 2017 Purple Purse Challenge, annual report, and other fundraising and advocacy events
· Event planning, fundraising, content development, and social media management for Purple Purse Campaign
· Create a short-term social media plan and marketing calendar for Purple Purse Campaign
· Work on social media, newsletter, and other communication/marketing projects
· Collect client stories from various programs
· Individual donor and volunteer outreach
· College student or graduate student
· Comfortable conducting outreach and communicating with a wide variety of individuals
· Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software and familiarity with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
· Interested in women’s issues and Latino issues and culture
· Bilingual written and spoken Spanish required
· 24 hours/week
· Ideally the internship runs September through March, but we are open to revision
Please submit a resume and cover letter including your availability to email@example.com.
Due date: 8/4/17
LATINA LEADERSHIP PROGRAM ADVOCATE
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, coordinates, monitors daily activities of program and supervises staff providing services to Latina Leadership Program participants. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently and reports to the Program Director.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
1. Supervises daily activities performed by program staff/volunteer.
2. Consults with Program Director on staff concerns and critical factors impacting the Latina Leadership program and Parent Mentor program.
3. Conducts leadership groups.
4. Participates in professional, community, public and civic groups affecting the Latina Leadership program. Serves a visible function in advocating for issues related to the program.
5. Attends coordinators meetings and gives input into agency goals and objectives; participates and assists in developing and implementing program and procedures.
6. Develops, evaluates and amend leadership curriculum.
7. Participates in hiring decisions by evaluating candidates; evaluates staff performance, supports Parent Mentor coordinators and mentors including Parent Mentor volunteers.
8. Ensures that all goals are met in alignment with funding requirements.
9. Evaluate program effectiveness and makes recommendations to Program Director regarding program modifications.
10. Assist the Development Department with reports and proposals.
11. Ensure accuracy and timely documentation.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Experience performing supervisory duties. Bilingual (Spanish/English), Bi-cultural. Bachelor’s degree in social work field required. Effective interpersonal communication and written skills.
Knowledge of women’s issues.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Please submit a resume and cover letter including your availability to Francine@mujereslat.org.