DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHILD THERAPIST
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts individual, group and family therapy with children exposed to domestic violence. Provide case management and crisis intervention.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
1. Promote and engage children and their parents in therapy treatment under the Domestic Violence Program.
2. Conducts assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for children enrolled in therapy services under Domestic Violence Program.
3. Conduct 10 week therapy groups with Mujeres’ developed child therapy curriculum for children exposed to domestic violence.
4. Provide individual and family therapy to children enrolled in therapy under Domestic Violence Program.
5. Provide case management and crisis intervention with families dealing with domestic violence.
6. Conduct parent sessions to evaluate treatment effectiveness.
7. Implement pre/post test evaluations
8. Create linkages with external resources for children with additional needs.
9. Develop monthly reports on services provided to children.
10. Complete and maintains accurate documentation of services provided to children.
11. Participate in advocacy efforts related to DV and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on children.
12. Keep abreast of professional ethical standards
13. Participate in agency meeting as required.
14. Other tasks as assigned by program director
§ Master’s degree in Social Services field or equivalent
§ Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
§ 40 hour ICADV training required
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEXUAL ASSAULT PROGRAM VOLUNTEER SUPERVISOR
BASIC FUNCTION: Develops strategies of recruitment and retention for Sexual Assault Program. Conducts 42 hour Sexual Assault training and supervises SA volunteers.
REPORTS TO: Sexual Assault Program Director
1. Coordinate 42-hour trainings, ensuring coverage of all required topics by the Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault.
2. Develop, initiate and maintain recruitment and retention strategies for SA volunteers through community outreach and volunteer recognition events.
3. Conduct interviews of potential program volunteers/interns.
4. Develop monthly medical advocacy schedules ensuring coverage at all times.
5. Assist with compliance of reports required by funding entities.
6. Maintain a relationship with all hospitals with which Mujeres provides medical advocacy.
7. Provide monthly reports of volunteer response to hospital calls and other volunteer work.
8. Participate in clinical and administrative supervision meetings with sexual assault program director.
9. Ensure that volunteers are providing appropriate service and completing/returning documentation in a timely manner.
10. Maintain communication with volunteers via mail, e-mail, monthly meetings and telephone ensuring a connection between agency and volunteers.
11. Participate in agency meetings as required.
12. Provides crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault.
13. Other duties as assigned.
§ Bachelor’s degree in social service field or equivalent
§ Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English)
§ Strong oral communication skills
§ Sexual Assault 40-hour trained preferred
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DIRECTOR OF PARENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, organizes, and supervises staff providing a broad range of parent support services. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently.
1. Provides supervision to assigned staff.
2. Coordinates/ oversees Parent Support Program and Visitation/Exchange Project.
3. Complies with all funders requirements.
4. Completes contractual requirements related to programs supervised.
5. Interviews individuals to assess social and emotional capabilities and plans group composition.
6. Makes appropriate referrals to MLEA’s programs or outside agencies.
7. Leads support group for parents.
8. Provides ongoing individual/ family counseling to a limited number of parents involved in groups.
9. Assists parent counselor in determining the appropriate intervention for clients.
10. Maintains clients’ files.
11. Ensures appropriate documentation in all services.
12. Reviews and approves program documentation.
13. Networks with community agencies and service providers.
14. Participates in advocacy efforts related to program.
15. Other duties as required.
- Masters Degree in Social Work field or equivalent
- Experience supervising
- Required to have solid clinical skills
- Bilingual and Bicultural ( Spanish)
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.